Basic Obedience Training Assistance Program
Arfordable Dog Training offers a free 5 Week Basic Obedience slot will be available for an eligible resident of the following zip codes: 78218, 78219, 78244, 78109, and 78233. To initially apply for this free training assistance, applicants must submit the following information by the 15th of the month prior to training for consideration:
- Pet Owner’s Name
- Name of Pet
- A short history/bio of the pet.
- Explain why training your dog is important to you.
- The desired outcome of the training.
- 2 Qualities about your dog that you love and why.
Upon acceptance of the training assistance program, the following must be provided by the 20th of the month prior to training to schedule the free sessions:
- Waiver and Enrollment Form
- Photo ID
- Proof that the Dog is Spayed or Neutered
- Proof of Vaccinations
- Proof that they participate in one of the following programs:
- Major VA Disability
- Food Stamps
- Free Lunch Program (Public Schools)
- Social Security Disability (SSD)
- Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- HUD Section 8 Housing
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) – Formerly AFDC
- San Antonio AIDS Foundation
If the required documents are not returned by the 20th, the spot will go to the next considered applicant.